Let’s talk about a team that last year hoped more than one fan with a phenomenal start to the season, but in the end it was more of the same: Las Vegas Raiders. They had a lot of promise last season, but after a 6-3 start to the season, they lost five of their last seven games and were out of the Playoffs. Therefore, for this 2021 the goal is clear: demonstrate perseverance and steal the AFC West from the Chargers and Chiefs. Here te we leave everything you need to know about the Raiders this NFL Season 2021.
Raiders last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Raiders? A very good start to the season, but accompanied by a lousy finish, saw Las Vegas go 8-8 and out of the postseason for the fourth year in a row. You want to know more? Check out the Las Vegas Raiders 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
The Raiders entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as the secondary, linebackers and the running back corps. But for this they barely had a little more than $ 3 million under the salary cap. Did you manage to solve it? Here we leave you the NFL 2021 Free Agency Preview – Las Vegas Raiders.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain needs via Free Agency, the team was lacking in talent, especially on the offensive line and in safeties. Therefore, in the 2021 NFL Draft they improved both positions by selecting Alex Leatherwood and Trevon Moehrig. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: AFC West, where we review the best picks from Las Vegas and their divisional rivals.
The Raiders’ stories to watch for this season
- What is the level of patience for Jon Gruden? The Raiders head coach is running out of room for maneuver: Draft picks under his tenure have largely been a fiasco and in his fourth year at the helm, he has not yet been able to build a roster to fight for. Playoffs
- Derek Carr is the QB of the present / future? The Fresno State graduate continues to be one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the NFL, and the problem is that his HC doesn’t trust him. Hence, his continuity as a franchise quarterback is being destroyed.
- New offensive line, will it work? One of the new facets of this team is that they made very dramatic changes to the offensive line, and seeing it is worrying. That your headlines are the LG Richie Incognito, the Andre James center, and the RG Denzelle Good, is not a good sign. Outside of LT Kolton Miller and LT Alex Leatherwood, who is being one of the most outstanding rookies in the 2021 NFL Training Camps, this line is very weak.
- Can Gus Bradley fix one of the worst defensive lines in the NFL? In terms of sacks, total points allowed, third-down percentage and red zone, this defense was one of the worst in 2020. Can new defensive coordinator Gus Bradley make it top-tier, or at least not so bad?
- A team without a future. Those led by Gruden are a team designed to win between six and nine games per season. Brands that do not lead to the Playoffs and not to good positions in the Draft. The Raiders are in a no-brainer limbo, but the “competitive” tag is still too far off. This is why it is impossible not to question whether this 2021 the Raiders will be in a silent reconstruction.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every AFC West team in 2021 where you can find what concerns both Las Vegas and its divisional rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Raiders going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Jon Gruden for the new NFL season. Will they show perseverance to fight for the postseason or will they inevitably end the year badly and be out?
The 5 most important Las Vegas games of 2021
In our article The 5 Best Raiders Games in Season 2021 you will find the most relevant, difficult and interesting games that this team will have next season. Suitable for fans who are not aware of the 2021 Las Vegas NFL Calendar.
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – AFC West, where you can find all the necessary information about the Raiders and their division rivals.
The Raiders’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Las Vegas Raiders towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the bookmakers in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Las Vegas and the AFC West
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the AFC West episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Raiders this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: