Both teams will play the first match of matchday 10 at 5:30 p.m., at the Campeón del Siglo stadium, in Montevideo.
Uruguay will receive this Thursday, September 9 to Ecuador in the Champion of the Century stadium, in Montevideo, by the matchday 10 of the South American qualifying round towards the Qatar 2022 World Cup, from the 17:30.
Important match for Ecuador, that need to recover points after the draw suffered before chili last Sunday, in Quito. A lackluster and ineffective Tri could not score, like the Red, which did not find precision in the final meters with its forwards.
Those led by Gustavo Alfaro know the importance of the party, because they will face a direct rival who will also fight for a place in the World Cup. Nevertheless, the statistics do not play in your favor, well so far he has not been able to win in any of the ten visits to Uruguayan soil by qualifying rounds.
With seven defeats, Ecuador will hold on to at least one tie, something that he has achieved three times and that would allow Uruguay did not advance in the standings, where is fourth with 12 points, to one of the Tri, which is third.
For the comparison, strategist Alfaro will not be able to count on Jhegson Méndez nor the goalkeeper Hernan Galindez, both due to injury. Neither with the offensive Junior Sornoza, who came out expelled in the last meeting of Ecuador.
Uruguay, for his part, is motivated after defeating 4-2 at home to Bolivia and with the good feeling of find goal before the losses of Luis Suárez and Edinson Cavani, his two historical forwards.
Those directed by maestro Óscar Washington Tabárez they will seek to take revenge for the defeat suffered on the second date of the tie, when they were defeated in Quito 4-2, and snatch the third position from Ecuador.
La Celeste will seek to create dangerous plays with Giorgian de Arrascaeta, Brian Rodríguez and Agustín Álvarez Martínez, the three outstanding players of the victory against Bolivia and that could complicate the Ecuadorian defense.
Schedules to see Uruguay vs. Ecuador
- Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Mexico: 17:30
- Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay: 19:30
- Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile: 18:30
- Spain: 00:30
- United States (New York and Miami): 18:30
- United States (Los Angeles): 15:30
Channels to watch Uruguay vs. Ecuador
- Ecuador: The Soccer Channel (application and website) on YouTube, Movistar Play and TV Cable.
- Venezuela: TLT, Meridian TV and TVES.
- Colombia: snail and Snail Play.
- Peru: América Televisión, Movistar Sports and Movistar Play for Peru.
- Bolivia: COTAS TV and Tigo Sports.
- Chili: ChileVision, Clear Video, CDF HD and CDF Stadium.
- Argentina: TyC Sports and Public TV.
- Paraguay: Tigo Sports.
- Uruguay: VTV +.
- Brazil: EI Plus
- Mexico: SKY Sports (504-546)
- USA: FITE TV (D)