Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. he is 44 years old. Of them, more than half have been dedicated to his work, his profession, what he has said on more than one occasion “born to do”: American football.
Today he is considered the best American football player in history. But the base of that man, who is a benchmark among his peers and accustomed to breaking records, began to be forged at the beginning of the century.
drafted 199th in 2000, Brady reached New England Patriots. In his debut, an urgency led him to mark a milestone. Drew Bledson, his idol, suffered an injury and it was his moment. Since that September 23, 2001 in Foxborough, nothing has been the same: 2002, 2003, 2005, 2015, 2017 and 2018 were Super Bowl years.
And in 2020, although from a different path, the seventh Vince Lombardi trophy arrived (from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) to consecrate him as the only player with that number of Super Bowls. In this way, Brady managed to have more Super Bowls than any other team in history, as the Patriots and Steelers follow with six rings each.
This Tuesday, February 1, after 22 seasons in the NFL and an eternal list of records, Tom Brady officially announced his retirement from American football through his social networks. As an absolute legend, he went big, because in his last season he led the NFL in passing yards (5,316), touchdown passes (43), passes thrown (719) and passing yards per game (312.7). . He led his Buccaneers to the Playoffs with a 13-4 record, falling in the Divisional Round to the Los Angeles Rams.
Despite his 44 years, the “GOAT” is a serious candidate for MVP after what was his last season as a professional. Moreover, according to experts, the award for the best player in the league has two favorites: Brady and the Packers’ QB and current MVP, Aaron Rodgers.
Until his last play, Tom played at an elite level.
- He has seven Super Bowls, one more than the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots.
- Only he has won the SB in three different decades.
- There is no other player with more Super Bowl career passing yards than him: 3,039.
- He is the player with the most passing yards in a Super Bowl game: 505
- Nobody has more appearances in the Super Bowl than him, with 10 in total
- All-time NFL No. 1 in passing yards
- All-time NFL No. 1 in touchdown passes
- All-time NFL No. 1 in completions
- All-time NFL No. 1 in playoff passing yards
- All-time NFL No. 1 in playoff touchdown passes
- All-time NFL No. 1 in playoff completions
- All-time NFL No. 1 in games won
- All-time NFL No. 1 in playoff wins
- All-time NFL No. 1 in Super Bowl MVP trophies (5)
- He is the player with the most pass attempts in SB with 421, and with the most touchdown passes: 21.
- He is the first player in one of the four major leagues in the United States (NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL) to win a title for two different teams after the age of 40.
- He is the oldest to play and to win a Super Bowl, finishing as MVP: 43 years, 6 months and 5 days.
- With him, the Buccaneers this season became the first team in NFL history to win nine consecutive games with more than 30 points in each.
- At 44 years old, he broke his career record with eight touchdown passes in two consecutive games. At 44 years old.
- He has beaten 19 different teams in the playoffs. No other QB has even 19 total postseason wins.
- On six occasions he has started decisive plays that ended in wins for his team during the SB.
The tight end became the first national to join the highest division of American football. PAUTA reviews its main statistics.
We would love to say thanks to the author of this article for this remarkable web content
Tom Brady’s records in the NFL