Lto NFL not stop Two months ago the Rams were crowned in Super Bowl LVIbut the free agency movements, including the novel of Tom Brady and the Buccaneerskeep the league in the spotlight.
Free agency began several weeks ago and continues, but now the focus is on the most traditional event of the spring: the Draft.
College recruiting is just around the corner, where teams will look to strengthen for next season. The first round is where the players that change the destiny of the teams are usually found, although there will be eight that do not have a selection among the first 32 as a result of the changes.
Bears, Broncos, Browns, Colts and Rams they used their first round to trade for a franchise QB (Justin Fields, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz though he’s no longer in Indianapolis, and Matthew Stafford). The dolphins had two picks, including one originally from the 49ers, but they used it to get Jaylen Waddle in the 2021 Draft and Tyreek Hill a few weeks ago. The last team without a first round is the raiders, who used it to take over Davante Adams.
For the second consecutive year, the Jaguars will have the first overall selection. They never had it before 2021, leaving only the Seahawks, Ravens and Broncos have never had the first pick in a Draft. Jacksonville chose Trevor Lawrence in 2021so they aren’t expected to draft another quarterback in 2022.
The order of the first round selections of the 2022 NFL Draft
- Jacksonville Jaguars (3-14)
- Detroit Lions (3-13-1)
- Houston Texans (4-13)
- New York Jets (4-13)
- New York Giants (4-13)
- Carolina Panthers (5-12)
- New York Giants (from Chicago Bears, 6-11)
- Atlanta Falcons (7-10)
- Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos, 7-10)
- New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks, 7-10)
- Washington Commanders (7-10)
- Minnesota Vikings (8-9)
- Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns, 8-9)
- Baltimore Ravens (8-9)
- Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins, 9-8)
- New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis, 9-8, Colts at Philadelphia Eagles)
- Los Angeles Chargers (9-8)
- Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints, 9-8)
- New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles, 9-8, eliminated in wild card round)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1, eliminated in the wild card round)
- New England Patriots (10-7, eliminated in the wild card round)
- Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders, 10-7, eliminated in wild card round)
- Arizona Cardinals (11-6, eliminated in the wild card round)
- Dallas Cowboys (12-5, eliminated in the wild card round)
- Buffalo Bills (11-6, eliminated in the divisional round)
- Tennessee Titans (12-5, eliminated in the divisional round)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (13-4, eliminated in the divisional round)
- Green Bay Packers (13-4, eliminated in the divisional round)
- Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers, 10-7, eliminated in conference final, goes to Miami Dolphins)
- Kansas City Chiefs (12-5, eliminated in conference final)
- Cincinnati Bengals (10-7, runners-up)
- Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams, 12-5, champion of Super Bowl LVI)
When and where is the NFL Draft?
The 2022 edition of the NFL Draft will take place in The Vegas, Nevada. The city was originally going to receive the draft in 2020, but it was postponed due to the pandemic. The Draft will take place in three days, beginning on 28th of April.
- Thursday April 28: First round
- Friday April 29: Second and third round
- Saturday April 30: Fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh round
How many selections does the 2022 NFL Draft have?
The Draft is not just the first round, where 32 players are chosen. For three days, 262 players will hear your name to join one of the league’s 32 teams: 224 (32 for each of the seven rounds) plus 30 known as “compensatory picks” for free agents lost in 2021 free agency.
Who are the main players that will be chosen in the 2022 NFL Draft?
Quarterbacks are the most sought-after position, but there isn’t a top player at the position this year. Several experts consider that the last chosen in the first round of 2021, mac jonesis a better prospect than this year’s quarterbacks, of which there are five with options to go into the top 32: Desmond Ridder from Cincinnati, Kenny Pickett from Pittsburgh, Malik Willis of Liberty, Sam Howell of North Carolina and Matt Corral from Ole Miss.
Where there is more talent is in the trenches. On the offensive line, tackles Evan Neal of Alabama and Ikem Ekwonu from North Carolina State are top rated.
On the defensive line, pressure specialists are at the top of the table. Aidan Hutchinson Michigan sounds to be #1 overall, with Kayvon Thibodeaux of oregon and Trevon Walker from Georgia rated in the Top 10.
The secondary defense also has players with top 10 options, like safety Kyle Hamilton of Notre Dame and the corners Willow Gardner of Cincinnati and Derek Stingley Jr. from LSU.
We wish to say thanks to the writer of this post for this incredible material
The order of selections of the first round of the NFL Draft 2022: Jaguars have the first pick