To share: https://bit.ly/38TTkO0
- The regular season begins with the Season Kickoff game on Thursday, September 9, live on STAR +, at 7:00 pm CDMX.
- Broadcast of regular season games, including Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football.
- There is also extensive coverage of the NFL RedZone, the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl LVI.
—————– # NFLxESPN ——————-
The excitement of the NFL returns LIVE on STAR +, with the start of the regular season, beginning with the Season Kickoff on Thursday, September 9 with the meeting between the Dallas Cowboys against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, at 7:00 pm CDMX. Subscribers to the streaming service will be able to follow the 102nd season of the NFL, which includes, in addition to the kickoff game, the games on Sunday and Monday nights (Sunday and Monday Night Football), and the NFL RedZone. In addition to broadcasting regular season games, 6 American Conference playoff games will be broadcast including the Championship game, plus the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl LVI.
ESPN and its affiliated networks will bring the NFL to more than 83 million homes in 132 countries and territories in Spanish-speaking Latin America, Brazil, Pac Rim, the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Netherlands, India (through STAR India), China. (via foreign hotels and resorts) and Canada (via TSN and RDS).
In addition to television coverage of the NFL through ESPN in Spanish-speaking Latin America, the Kickoff game, Sunday & Monday Night Football, and NFL RedZone will be available on Star + as a simulcast from the ESPN Extra network.
Sunday Night Football by STAR +
- Broadcast of 19 Sunday Night Football games, including the Kickoff.
- The Sunday night passion continues on September 12 with the Chicago Bears vs. Los Angeles Rams, at 7:00 pm CDMX, on STAR +, ESPN2 & ESPN Extra.
- With the narration of Ciro Procuna in the play and the analysis of Pablo Viruega.
Monday Night Football by STAR +
- Television broadcast of 19 Monday Night Football games, including two games with playoff implications, on Saturday, January 8.
- Monday nights begin September 13 with the Baltimore Ravens vs. Las Vegas Raiders, at 7:00 pm CDMX, on STAR +, ESPN & ESPN Extra.
- With the narration of Eduardo Varela in the play, the analysis of Pablo Viruega and John Sutcliffe from the field.
NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl LIV by STAR +
- AFC postseason coverage, including: three Wild Card games, two divisional games and the Championship game.
- Live broadcast of Pro Bowl 2022 on Sunday, February 6, 2022.
- Live broadcast of Super Bowl LVI on Sunday, February 13, 2022.
Additional NFL content on ESPN on STAR +
- NFL RedZone will air in Spanish on Sundays at 12 pm CDMX on STAR + with a simulcast on ESPN Extra, which will give fans more than seven hours of live broadcast of all Sunday’s games, every touchdown and the best plays of stadium to stadium.
- NFL Live from Mexico will have preview broadcasts on each game day:
- Every Thursday: 6:00 to 7:00 pm CDMX, with Kary Correa, Javier Trejo, Ramiro Pruneda and Miguel Pasquel.
- Every Sunday: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm CDMX, with Kary Correa, Sergio Dipp, Eitán Benezra and Miguel Pasquel.
- Every Monday: 6:00 to 7:00 pm CDMX, with Ciro Procuna, Javier Trejo, Miguel Pasquel and Ramiro Pruneda.
- Fans will also be able to follow coverage through com where you will find clips of the matches, the best analysis and featured videos; They can also follow the latest news on social networks with the hashtag #NFLxESPN.
|What to know for the 2021-2022 NFL season
A new NFL season begins where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will seek to repeat the championship with the same squad.
For this year, the league and the players’ union agreed to increase the regular season games per team from 16 to 17, which will be held in 18 weeks, giving each team a week off.
For the second year in a row, a 14-team postseason will be played, 7 for each conference. Only the top seed from each conference will receive a week off.
Changes in the numbering system
Starting this season, the numbering system for players changes slightly, which depends on the player’s position. Adopt a system similar to college football. So we will see linebackers with the number 11, receivers using the number 1 among others. The assignment looks like this:
o Quarterbacks and kickers: 1-19;
o Corners and depths: 1-49;
o Running backs, fullbacks, tight ends and wide receivers: 1-49 and 80-89;
o Offensive linemen: 50-79;
o Defensive linemen: 50-79 and 90-99;
o Supporters: 1-59 and 90-99.
Most important movements
This break saw a lot of QB changes:
o Matthew Stafford arrives at the Los Angeles Rams who traded him for Jared Goff.
o Carson Wentz came to the Indianapolis Colts in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, who will stay with Jalen Hurts.
o Sam Darnold goes to the Carolina Panthers. while Teddy Bridgewater will continue his career with the Denver Broncos.
Among the most important retreats we have those of Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Julian Edelman, Mike Pouncey, Demaryius Thomas, Adam Vinatieri, Jason Witten and Tamba Hali.
Seven teams changed coaches for this season, highlights the arrival of the legendary Urban Meyer to the Jacksonville Jaguars and who added 17 years as head coach of several college teams and won three national titles.
At 65, David Culley arrives at the Houston Texans, becoming the oldest coach to debut as head coach in the NFL.
Additionally, the Denver Broncos launched a new general manager after the resignation of John Elway, after 10 years in the position and who will continue as president of operations.
Diversity and inclusion
The NFL continues with programs that help strengthen diversity, equality and inclusion to job positions within the league, aimed at developing the careers of many women in American football. Before 2017, only one woman held a full-time position. With the result of these programs in the last 5 years, 186 opportunities were created for women at the collegiate and professional level, 30 of them occupied places in the NFL.
As a result of these programs, in the 2021 break, the Washington Football Team hired Natalia Dorantes as the organization’s program coordinator, a position that reports directly to Ron Rivera. Dorantes is the first Latina to land such a role in the NFL.
Star + (Starplus.com) is the new general entertainment and sports streaming service of The Walt Disney Company that landed on August 31, 2021 in Latin America with a wide range of live sports from ESPN, in addition to fiction and non-fiction productions created entirely in Latin America, new international original productions, the complete catalog of animated comedies from 20th Television and exclusive movie premieres. Star + can now be combined with Disney + through Combo +, a commercial proposal that offers both services at a single price.
ABOUT STAR +
Star + is a general entertainment and sports streaming service that was launched on August 31, 2021 in Latin America, and is complementary to, but independent of, the Disney + service in this region. The service is home to the exclusive premiere of general entertainment movies and television series from The Walt Disney Company’s content studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, Star Original Productions, National Geographic Original Productions and more, as well as ESPN’s live sports streaming service, the most respected and recognized brand for sports fans in the region. From dramas to comedies, including all seasons of The Simpsons and adult thrillers, Star + will also feature exclusive original programming from the general entertainment brand Star, along with a collection of regional original productions from Latin America. For more information, visit: Starplus.com
PROGRAMMING SUBJECT TO CHANGE