This week we saw three games in overtime plus a dominant display from Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, Noah Fant was once again elite in Fantasy Football and much more. Here are the most important lessons learned in Fantasy football – Week 6 NFL 2021. With the first quarter of the season on the books, we can already know more precisely which players are worth it and which players could be a bust in our teams.
Buy cheap from Josh Jacobs and Miles Sanders
Even though Miles Sanders had a bad game in Fantasy Football, he had some hidden elite utilization and a good game running the ball. He drove with 82% of snaps, something that only four RBs could have and has for two consecutive weeks with an increase in routes run, this week he had 67% of the routes, this being the best aerial utilization only below D’Andre Swift . Sanders is about to have a tremendous game.
Josh Jacobs has been snapping over 60% for three consecutive weeks, something that has never happened in his career. In addition, he is driving with more than 50% of the routes of the team so this RB has a upside air that previously did not have.
Rashod Bateman and his dream debut
The rookie played his first game on Sunday and showed just how valuable he can be to Fantasy Football. It remains to be seen how the situation will settle when Sammy Watkins returns, but he clearly positioned himself as the WR2 of this offense. It was on 67% of the routes, had 24% of the target share of the team and a surprising average of 27% of targets per route run. As long as this continues, we can consider Rashod Bateman a WR3.
Jalen Hurts is already QB Top 5 in Fantasy Football
The Eagles’ QB has been QB5, QB10, QB10, QB4, QB11 and QB2 in the six weeks into the regular season. He cannot score less than 20 points and this is largely due to his favorable use of Fantasy Football and his ability to run the ball. On average, 29% of the Eagles’ designed carries have gone to Jalen Hurts, second only to Lamar Jackson’s average of more than 30%.
Greater risers and fallers from week 6
Here are the players who fell the most and fell the most in my Fantasy Football rankings:
- RB JD McKissic– Washington: If Gibson wastes time, McKissic automatically becomes a Top 15 RB in Fantasy Football. Dominated more than 80% snaps when Antonio was out due to injury.
- TE Tyler Higbee – Rams: He ran 88% of the routes and was once again relevant in the Rams’ offense. Great news for those who have this player, since he had not produced for several weeks.
- WR Nico Collins – Texans: He dominated with 21% of targets per route run on his return to the fields. Davis Mills throws a lot of 50/50 balls and Collins is the type of physical WR who drops these types of passes.
- WR Jaylen Waddle – Dolphins: With Tua Tagovailoa it’s a tall WR3 with upside by WR2. He has had double-digit targets in three of the four games he has played with said QB.
- WR Rondale Moore – Cardinals: It has been quite an experience to analyze this player this season, Moore went from being the WR3 of this offense to being the WR4 again with only 56% of routes run.
- RB Myles Gaskin – Dolphins: The Dolphins RB couldn’t keep up with the number of snaps he had last week and it was a problem to make an impact in this game.
- WR Terrace Marshall– Panthers: This player had a stir at some point, but in this match he could not be relevant and Brandon Zylstra himself had more snaps than him. With Anderson’s loss of play, he could have a role, but as long as Zylstra is above him, it will be impossible.
Buy low, sell high
- Buy cheap from the players mentioned in the first lesson
- Sell expensive to Kenyan Drake: This RB only played 11 snaps and did everything with them. It’s clear who the RB1 of this offense is and you’re sure to find someone desperate for RB looking to buy it.
Thanks for reading me. What Fantasy Football lessons did you take from Week 6 of the 2021 NFL Season? Remember to pay attention to Tuesday’s article, where I will analyze the most attractive options to take you in Waivers for week 7. Also remember to watch the Fantasy Squad program on our YouTube channel.
Thanks for reading me. What Fantasy Football lessons did you take from Week 6 of the 2021 NFL Season? Remember to pay attention to Tuesday’s article, where I will analyze the most attractive options to take you in Waivers for week 5. Also remember to watch the Fantasy Squad program on our YouTube channel.
|Don’t miss our Fantasy section this week|
|Lessons from the previous week|
|Week 7 Waivers|
|Fantasy Squad Week 7|
|Who to line up this week?|
|Who to seat this week?|
|Analysis of specific lesions|
|Injury Report – Week 7|