Let’s talk about a team that last year was the weakest division champion, the Washington Football Team. Normally one would speak highly of a divisional champion, but that is not the case. With just seven victories they took advantage of the lack of talent in the NFC East and therefore managed to qualify for the Playoffs, however, they did not last more than one game. For this year the goal is clear: hand in hand with a great defense they will try to retain the divisional championship and play a better role in the Playoffs. We leave you everything you need to know about Washington this NFL 2021 Season.
Washington’s last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous campaign end for the WFT? Surprisingly with a poor record of 7-9 this team was the divisional champion of the NFC East, in addition, although they lost in the Wild Card round, they gave a great game against the eventual champions. Do you want to find out more? Check here the Washington Football Team 2020 Season Analysis.
How they got to free agency:
Washington entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as its quarterback, wide receivers and linebackers. For this they had almost 40 million dollars available in the cap space. Did they manage to capitalize on it? Here we leave you the Preview to the Free Agency NFL 2021 – Washington Football Team.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain needs via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft with the urgency of a good linebacker and an offensive tackle. Therefore, with their first two picks they selected Jamin Davis and Samuel Cosmi. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC East, where we review the best picks from the WFT and their divisional rivals.
Washington’s stories to watch for this season
- Will Ryan Fitzpatrick be able to play for the first time in the playoffs? Fitzpatrick came to the NFL as a seventh-round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft; 17 seasons and 9 teams later, he will seek to play his first playoff game in history with Washington. However, it is well known that something that predominates in him is his lack of consistency, therefore, the question is obvious: Which Ryan Fitzpatrick will we see in 2021 and what is the backup plan for this team?
- Is the rebuilding of the WFT finished? When we look at the Washington roster in detail, we find very solid structures in all positions, except for Fitzpatrick, who is only serving as “bridge QB” until the next offensive leader of this franchise arrives.
- How good can this defense be? In 2020 they were the fourth best defense in total points allowed (329), fifth in interceptions (16) and sixth in sacks (46); Hand in hand with DE Chase Young and Montez Sweat, in addition to the addition of rookie LB Jamin Davis (who has been one of the most outstanding rookies in the 2021 NFL Training Camps), Washington is shaping up to have the best defense in the league. NFL in 2021.
- McLaurin and Gibson, next superstars? His offense should not be underestimated; In his rookie season, RB Antonio Gibson had 795 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns, so his growth ceiling is pretty high. For his part, WR Terry McLaurin will enter his third season as a professional; last year, without a decent quarterback, he had 1,118 catches and 4 touchdowns. Now he will be looking to become the next superstar in the franchise.
- More “periodic hits” for Dan Snyder? Washington is a team that makes headlines not always because of its performance on the pitch, but because of its owner Dan Snyder, who has been involved in scandals of all kinds. Will he be able to keep a low profile in 2021?
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC East team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both the WFT and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games is Washington going to win in the 2021 season? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Ron Rivera for the new NFL season. Will they be able to keep the divisional championship thanks to their defense or Fitztragic make them miss out on the postseason?
Washington’s top 5 games of 2021
In our article The 5 best Football Team matches in Season 2021 you will find the most relevant, difficult and interesting games that this team will have next season. Suitable for fans who are not aware of the 2021 Washington NFL Calendar.
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC East, where you can find all the necessary information about Washington and its division rivals.
The odds of the WFT towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Washington Football Team towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Washington and the NFC East
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC East episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about Washington this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: