Let’s talk about a team that last year was marked by a complete inconsistency, the Minnesota Vikings. It is well known that seven victories do not lead to the postseason and not to a good draft pick, Minnesota’s 2020 was a limbo. However, by 2021 they can succeed in the NFC North if they know how to take advantage of the changes that their direct rivals suffered around this last offseason. Te we leave everything you need to know about the Vikings this NFL 2021 Season.
Last season of the Vikings
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Vikings? Last year was full of ups and downs for this team, and their final record of 7-9, plus their absence from the Playoffs, proves it. Do you want to find out more? Check out the Minnesota Vikings 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
Minnesota entered Free Agency in 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as defensive tackle, a guard and the secondary. However, they were nine million dollars over cap space. How did they handle the problem? Here we leave you the NFL 2021 Free Agency Preview – Minnesota Vikings.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain needs via Free Agency, in the 2021 NFL Draft, this team only made one selection within the first two rounds, which they used on Christian Darrisaw. Later, with the 66th overall pick they chose Kellen Mond, a probable future replacement for Kirk Cousins. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC North, where we review Minnesota’s best picks and their divisional rivals.
The Vikings’ stories to watch for this season
- Kirk Cousins needs to start to pay off. Cousins has just finished 2020 with 35 TD and 13 INT, very good figures on paper, however, he has been with the team for three seasons, and in two he failed to classify the Vikings to the postseason.
- Do the Vikings have the best offense in the NFL? Their RB Dalvin Cook had an impeccable 2020 recording 16 rushing touchdowns, plus they have one of the best wide receiver bodies with Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen, so it’s safe to say this offense is one of the best in the league.
- How can they fix defensively? Although DE Danielle Hunter has returned, this defense has aged and raises great doubts for the new season, especially in the secondary, because although S Harrison Smith may have been a spectacular player at the time, he no longer is. So what does the Vikings defense need to improve in 2021?
- Is it a playoff team? Between Chicago deciding when to seat Andy Dalton, coupled with the havoc caused by Aaron Rodgers’ novel with Green Bay, Minnesota could take advantage and fight the NFC North until the last moment, however, at .531, the Vikings have fifth toughest schedule in the league.
- Mike Zimmer in the hot seat? Zimmer came to coach this team in 2014, and since that season, one year they have not made the postseason, and another year, so on. In total, under his command, Minnesota has three Playoff appearances but in 2017 and 2019 they were ripped apart by the Eagles and 49ers respectively. In conclusion, Zimmer has made the Vikings show flashes of quality, but without consistency.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC North team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both Minnesota and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Vikings going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Mike Zimmer for the new NFL season. Can they make the postseason this year or will Kirk Cousins fail for the second year in a row?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC North, where you can find all the necessary information about the Vikings and their division rivals.
The Odds of the Vikings towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Minnesota Vikings towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
On Minnesota and the NFC North
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC North episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Vikings this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: