Let’s talk about a team that last year showed that a quarterback can act as a limiter, the Los Angeles Rams. With ten total victories, in 2020 they managed to qualify for the Playoffs, however, the lack of offense took its toll in the Divisional Round. Therefore, this season, debuting Matthew Stafford as quarterback and with the help of his great defense, they will seek to return to the Playoffs and give a better role. We leave you everything you need to know about the Rams this NFL 2021 Season.
Rams last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Rams? With a 10-6 record, they failed to clinch the divisional title, but they did gain a spot in the Playoffs, where they reached the Divisional Round to finally fall to Green Bay. Do you want to find out more? Check out the Los Angeles Rams 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
Los Angeles entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as linebacker, center and cornerback. However, at -35 MDD, they were the second worst team in the league in terms of cap space. How did they solve it? Here we leave you the Preview to the Free Agency NFL 2021 – Los Angeles Rams.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
The team solved certain needs via Free Agency, but for the 2021 NFL Draft they were in a very peculiar situation: they did not have a first-round pick. So they had to wait until the 57th overall pick, where they took WR Tutu Atwell. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC West, where we review Los Angeles’ top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Rams’ stories to watch for this season
- What to expect from the combination of Matthew Stafford and Sean McVay? In previous years, McVay, HC of the team, already showed that he can guide the Rams even to the Super Bowl, however, Jared Goff was a limitation on offense. This offseason they thanked him and brought in Matthew Sttaford from Detroit; What can we expect from him?
- Cam Akers was the key to the success of this team. In 2020 Akers hinted that he has the potential to be a star in the league; 142 carries, 625 total yards and 2 TDs made it seem like he had an unbeatable ceiling. However, last July he suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon so he will miss the entire season. How will the Rams rebound from this hard blow?
- Will the offensive line hold? Another concern for the Rams this year will be their offensive line, which is fair to poor. While Andrew Whitworth is a great LT and Austin Corbett a dependable RG, LG David Edwards and center Brian Allen leave a lot to be desired, plus there isn’t much talent available in the field. depth chart.
- Changes in defense: same result as in 2020? With only 296 total points allowed the previous season they were the best defense in the league, and with 53 sacks they ranked second in the category. Now, with losses like DE Michael Brockers, CB Troy Hill, plus the departure of DC Brandon Staley, the question rests on whether they can continue to be as dominant as before.
- Can McVay beat Kyle Shanahan? If McVay has a point where he needs to be vindicated, it is in his games against San Francisco. Last year the 49ers were a real injury hospital and still beat the Rams both regular-season games. If it had not happened, McVay and company would have devastated the NFC West without major problem.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC West team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both Los Angeles and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Rams going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Sean McVay for the new NFL season. Will Matthew Stafford be the piece that completes this puzzle or will they fall apart in the absence of a running game?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC West, where you can find all the necessary information about the Rams and their division rivals.
The Rams’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. Therefore, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the Los Angeles Rams odds towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the divisional pennant. , among others.
About Los Angeles and NFC West
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC West episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Rams this NFL Season 2021. Be sure to check out the content related to other teams for this campaign: