Let’s talk about a team that could never get out of the bottom of its division last year, the Detroit Lions. With just five victories throughout the season, they were one of the worst in the NFL, and for this 2021 things will not be much different. With the departure of Matthew Stafford, this team’s offense is one notch lower than it was last year. Te we leave everything you need to know about the Lions this NFL 2021 Season.
Last season of the Lions
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Lions? With a lousy 5-11 record, this team slept at the bottom of its division at the end of the year, thus securing the No. 7 overall pick heading into the 2021 Draft. Do you want to find out more? Check out the Detroit Lions 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
Detroit entered Free Agency in 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as its corps of receivers, linebackers and safeties. However, with nearly $ 9 million above the salary cap, they were in the red. Did you manage to solve it? Here we leave you the Pre-Free Agency NFL 2021 – Detroit Lions.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain needs via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft with the urgency of reinforcing its trenches, both on offense and defense. Therefore, they selected two tackles, first to Penei Sewell, and in the second round to Levi Onwuzurike. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC North, where we review Detroit’s best picks and their divisional rivals.
The Lions’ stories to watch for this season
- Dan Campbell, worse than Matt Patricia? The recently fired Matt Patricia never managed to establish his defensive ideals on the team, however, Campbell is anyone’s guess as he lacks the necessary credentials to head coach in the NFL. In what situation are you compared to the other first-year head coaches?
- What can we expect from Jared Goff? Detroit will debut a new QB this year: Jared Goff, who was traded this offseason from the Rams. The 2016 NFL Draft No. 1 overall pick will try to revive his career under Dan Campbell, but what does he have to work on for the Lions in 2021?
- What is the greatest strength of this team? The best thing about this team is their offensive line and running game. LT Taylor Decker is one of the best in his position, rookie RT Penei Sewell has been one of the most outstanding rookies in the 2021 NFL Training Camps and center Frank Ragnow is currently Top 5 in the NFL. Plus, the RB D’Andre Swift has all the tools needed to be a star in the near future.
- Will they have the worst defense in the league again in 2021? With 519 total points allowed in 2020, the Lions were the 32nd defense in the field, apart, with only seven interceptions they were the third worst, can they change it for next year? CB Jeff Okudah, DT Michael Brockers and DE Romeo Okwara will try to be the pillars that manage to transform the defensive game.
- Define success in the Detroit Lions. If we take a closer look at NFC North, the Lions have everything to finish last in their division. What would be success for this team? Winning five or more games, showing that, despite all the changes they have undergone, they can find themselves in the same place as last year.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC North team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both Detroit and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: How many games are the Lions going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Dan Campbell for the new NFL season. Will Jared Goff be able to work magic with such a limited roster or are they doomed to be the worst in their division?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC North, where you can find all the necessary information about the Lions and their division rivals.
The Lions’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. Therefore, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Detroit Lions towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Detroit and the NFC North
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC North episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Lions this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check out the content related to other teams for this campaign: