Let’s talk about a team that last year saw many more pain than glory: the Jacksonville Jaguars. After winning the first game of the 2020 season with Gardner Minshew, they were promising a lot. However, they fell into a bottomless hole and lost 15 games in a row. Therefore, for this year the goal is clear: to start a reconstruction with the right foot; for this they have very interesting additions, highlighting that of QB Trevor Lawrence. Te we leave everything you need to know about the Jaguars this NFL 2021 Season.
Jaguars last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Jaguars? At 1-15, this team was the worst in the NFL. Therefore, they had the privilege of being the first to choose in Draft 2021 last April. Do you want to find out more? Check out the Jacksonville Jaguars 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
Jacksonville entered Free Agency in 2021 with the need to reinforce the squad in positions such as wide receiver, secondary and his defensive line. For this they had more than 80 million dollars available in the cap space, being the best in the NFL in the field. How did you capitalize on this opportunity? Here’s the 2021 NFL Free Agency Preview – Jacksonville Jaguars.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain issues via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft with two first-round selections, which they used to select QB Trevor Lawrence with the No. 1 overall pick, and RB Travis Etienne in 25th place. know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: AFC South, where we review Jacksonville’s top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Jaguars’ stories to watch for this season
- Reconstruction’s first big mistake: Urban Meyer. The first clear mistake in the rebuilding mode of the Jaguars was the choice of their head coach, who in this offseason has “shined” for his poor decisions with the team. But how is he in comparison to the other first-year head coaches?
- Is Trevor Lawrence the next star? With the first overall pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, Jacksonville selected Trevor Lawrence. The Clemson alumnus played 40 regular-season games at the collegiate level and threw for 10,098 yards, 90 touchdowns for just 17 INTs. So it’s no surprise that he’s being one of the most outstanding rookies at the 2021 NFL Training Camps.
- Defensive failures in both the Draft and Free Agency. Statistically speaking, this team’s defense is the worst in the NFL in many ways, but it shouldn’t be. DE Josh Allen has not delivered what was expected of him; DT Taven Bryan has been a complete failure and LB Myles Jack could not be the cornerstone that was envisioned.
- Do Jaguars Really Matter? All NFL teams get noticed in their own way, but how irrelevant is Jacksonville that in this offseason everything revolved around the freshly cut Tim Tebow? From 2000 to date, this franchise has only had 4 seasons out of 21 possible with a winning record. However, do not underestimate them, perhaps this year they could be the dark horse to win the AFC South.
- What’s going to happen to “Florida Man”? We can’t deny that most fans were overly excited by what Gardner Minshew has shown, however it was just glimpses. He was never able to lift the Jacksonville offense on his shoulders, and now, it will be interesting to see if any other team gives him a second chance to relive his career.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every AFC South team in 2021 where you’ll be able to find what matters most to both Jacksonville and its divisional rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Jaguars going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Urban Meyer for the new NFL season. Will they be the worst team in the NFL again, or will rebuilding start off on the right foot?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – AFC South, where you can find all the necessary information about the Jaguars and their division rivals.
Jaguars Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Jacksonville Jaguars towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Jacksonville and the AFC South
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the AFC South episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Jaguars this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: