Let’s talk about a team that last year fought for a playoff berth until the last week of the season, the New York Giants. Don’t be fooled, just because they fought for a postseason berth doesn’t mean they were good, and their only six wins support the claim. For this 2021 the goal is clear: discover if Daniel Jones is the one to handle the offense, because with new receivers and with Saquon Barkley back, there are no more excuses: it is the last attempt for Jones. We leave you everything you need to know about the Giants this 2021 NFL Season.
Giants last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Giants? This team came in second in the NFC East with a very mediocre 6-10 mark. That speaks too much about how weak this division was last year, and obviously, they were not enough to make the playoffs. Do you want to find out more? Check out the New York Giants 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
New York entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as its pass rush, receiving body and defensive line. However, on the financial issue against cap space, they barely had 1 million dollars to maneuver. How did they solve it? Here we leave you the Preview to the Free Agency NFL 2021 – New York Giants.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain problems via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft still in need of a wide receiver and an OLB. For this reason they selected Kadarius Toney in the first round, and Azeez Olujari in the second. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC East, where we review New York’s best picks and their divisional rivals.
The Giants’ stories to watch for this season
- Daniel Jones has to prove that he is the present. With only 11 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions, Jones ‘2020 left much to be desired, so this year is his last call to show that he can be the Giants’ franchise QB. It’s safe to say that the moment of truth has come for Daniel Jones.
- Does New York have one of the best bodies in playmakers? RB Saquon Barkley, WR Kenny Golladay, Darius Slayton and Sterling Shephard, plus Evan Engram and Kyle Rudolph as tight ends, are enviable names and talents.
- Can the offensive line be trusted? On paper, the offensive line is worrying: OT Andrew Thomas and guard Shane Lemieux had bad rookie seasons. Speaking of center, Nick Gates is not very reliable in position and the same is true of OG Will Hernandez and RT Matt Peart. This line can be a big problem, especially when facing such good defenses in NFC East.
- Is it a good defense or did it take advantage of weak opponents? In the 2020 season this team’s defense was Top 10 in total points allowed (357), however, within a mediocre NFC East, it is questionable if New York’s defense is good on its own, or if its good version was the result of a lack of important rivals.
- Is Joe Judge different from most of Belichick’s disciples? With the exception of Brian Flores, Bill Belichick’s assistants rarely succeed on a team other than the New England Patriots. Can Joe Judge be the exception in command of the Giants?
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC East team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both New York and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: How many games are the Giants going to win in the 2021 Season? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Joe Judge for the new NFL season. Will the return of Saquon Barkley prevent them from being the worst team in the NFC East or is Daniel Jones essentially a handbrake?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC East, where you can find all the necessary information about the Giants and their division rivals.
The Giants’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the New York Giants towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the divisional pennant, among others.
About New York and the NFC East
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC East episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Giants this 2021 NFL Season. Be sure to check out the content related to other teams for this campaign: