Let’s talk about a team that was one of the worst in the NFL last year, the Philadelphia Eagles. Just four victories throughout the season caused Philadelphia to take drastic measures to correct course. With a new head coach and a new quarterback, for this 2021 they will try to surprise within their division, otherwise, Jalen Hurts could not last more than a year as a franchise QB. We leave you everything you need to know about the Eagles this NFL 2021 Season.
Eagles last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Eagles? With a lousy 4-11-1 record this team was at the bottom of a very mediocre NFC East, and only the Falcons saved them from being the worst in the National Conference. Do you want to find out more? Check here the Analysis of the 2020 season of the Philadelphia Eagles.
How they got to free agency:
Philadelphia entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as its receiving corps and the offensive line. However, behind only the Saints, they were the second worst team in the NFL in terms of cap space. Did you manage to solve it? Here is the NFL Free Agency Preview 2021 – Philadelphia Eagles.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain needs via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft with the urgency of an offensive weapon and a center. For this they selected the current Heisman winner, DeVonta Smith and Landon Dickerson. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC East, where we review Philadelphia’s best picks and their divisional rivals.
The Eagles’ stories to watch for this season
- The Nick Sirianni era kicks off, is he the one? Following the departure of Doug Pederson, Nick Sirianni is the Eagles’ new head coach. He previously served as the Colts’ offensive coordinator and has been in the NFL since 2009. How do you rate yourself compared to other first-year head coaches?
- How much patience will there be with Jalen Hurts? Many see Hurts as the new franchise quarterback of this team and others not, but the reality is that last year we only saw him start four games where, with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, he had a decent performance. However, this season it is expected to make a significant quality leap.
- Can the offensive line be kept healthy? Philadelphia has stood out in recent years for having one of the best offensive lines in the league, yet it is aging: center Jason Kelce, OT Lane Johnson and OG Brandon Brooks are all over 30.
- The defense is also aging, will it be a problem? In 2020 the defense was very dominant, in fact they were the third best in the NFL in terms of sacks (49), however, as with the offensive line, age is already a factor. DE Brandon Graham, DT Fletcher Cox and CB Darius Slay are a key part of this defense but they are also over 30 years old, therefore, there should be a generational renewal soon.
- The impact of the 2021 class of the Draft. The Eagles selected current Heisman Trophy winner WR DeVonta Smith with their first pick. They also brought in versatile offensive lineman Landon Dickerson, who can function in a variety of locations, and DT Milton Williams will also enter the defensive line rotation. The Eagles will need each of them to perform well.
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC East team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both Philadelphia and its direct division rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Eagles going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Nick Sirianni for the new NFL season. Will they be able to give a divisional surprise from the hand of Jalen Hurts or should they already be thinking about 2022?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC East, where you can find all the necessary information about the Eagles and their division rivals.
The Eagles’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Philadelphia Eagles towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the bookmakers in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Philadelphia and the NFC East
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC East episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Eagles this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check out the content related to other teams for this campaign: