Let’s talk about a team that last year reminded us once again why the quarterback position is critical to this sport, the Dallas Cowboys. Virtually 2020 Dallas ended when Dak Prescott was injured; They were never able to recover and their only six total victories confirm it. Therefore, for this year the goal is clear: with a healthy Prescott, Mike McCarthy’s pupils will try to fight for a playoff berth, or even more. We leave you everything you need to know about the Cowboys this NFL 2021 Season.
Cowboys last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Cowboys? With a very bad 6-10 record this team was third place from a mediocre NFC East, and obviously, they missed the postseason. Do you want to find out more? Check out the Dallas Cowboys 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
Dallas entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as his secondary and the defensive line. For this they had almost 20 million dollars available in the cap space. How did they take advantage of it? Here’s the 2021 NFL Free Agency Preview – Dallas Cowboys.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain problems via Free Agency, the team entered the 2021 NFL Draft in need of a linebacker and also a cornerback. For this they selected Micah Parsons, who to date has been one of the most outstanding rookies in the 2021 NFL Training Camps, and Kelvin Joseph. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: NFC East, where we review Dallas’ top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Cowboys’ stories to watch for this season
- Dak Prescott, his new contract and expectations. The Cowboys franchise quarterback will return in 2021 after only playing five games the previous year due to injury, and is expected to have a great season, paying off every penny of his new multi-million dollar contract (4 years for 160 million dollars and a record of $ 66 million signing bonus).
- Can Dan Quinn improve on one of the worst defenses? Dallas’ defense stood out as one of the worst in 2020: with 473 total points received it was the fifth worst in the NFL and was the most they have ever allowed in their history. DC Dan Quinn will have to get this defense out of the hole.
- Are the offensive line and Ezekiel Elliott still Top? This team’s offensive line was one of the best in the league for years, yet injuries and a lack of rotation have diminished them. In addition, RB Ezekiel Elliott is called into question, who in 2020 had his lowest production both in total yards rushed and in touchdowns scored.
- When will we see the results in what they have invested in defense? DT Trysten Hill was a second-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, and this 2021 they chose LB Micah Parsons with the 12th overall selection and CB Kelvin Joseph with 44, in addition, they brought S Keanu Neal from Atlanta, who will be used as linebacker. That is why we say that the Cowboys defense is a mystery for the 2021 NFL Season.
- Mike McCarthy, what defines a success or failure? In his first year as Dallas head coach, McCarthy failed to make a significant impact within the team and made questionable decisions like that punt against the WFT in the Thanksgiving game. How will it go in its second season?
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every NFC East team in 2021 where You will be able to find what concerns both Dallas and its direct division rivals. Also, do not hesitate to review the debut of Mexican Isaac Alarcón with the Cowboys.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: How many games are the Cowboys going to win in the 2021 Season? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Mike McCarthy for the new NFL season. Will they win NFC East with Prescott’s return or are they destined for another major failure?
Dallas’ top 5 games of 2021
In our article The 5 Best Cowboys Games in the 2021 Season you will find the most relevant, difficult and interesting games that this team will have next season. Suitable for fans who are not aware of the Dallas 2021 NFL Calendar.
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – NFC East, where you can find all the necessary information about the Cowboys and their division rivals.
The Cowboys’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. Therefore, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Dallas Cowboys towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Dallas and the NFC East
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the NFC East episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Cowboys this 2021 NFL Season. Be sure to check out the content related to other teams for this campaign: