Let’s talk about a team that shone again last year: the Kansas City Chiefs. For the second year in a row, those led by Andy Reid made it to the Super Bowl, in part, thanks to a fearsome offense led by Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill. Therefore, for this 2021 the goal is clear: continue to reign in the American Conference and be able to raise his second Vince Lombardi in a period of three years. Here te we leave everything you need to know about the Chiefs this NFL 2021 Season.
Chiefs last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Chiefs? With a 14-2 record, Kansas City was the best team in the American Conference and they made it to the Super Bowl for the second consecutive year, however, they failed to be two-time champions. You want to know more? Check here the Analysis of the 2020 season of the Kansas City Chiefs.
How they got to free agency:
The Chiefs entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as the offensive line, secondary and the wide receiver corps. However, they had the fourth worst space under the NFL salary cap. How did they solve it? Here’s the 2021 NFL Free Agency Preview – Kansas City Chiefs.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain problems via Free Agency, the team was lacking in talent, especially on the side of the linebackers and in the center. For this reason, in the 2021 NFL Draft they improved both positions with the selections of Nick Bolton and Creed Humphrey. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: AFC West, where we review Kansas City’s top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Chiefs’ stories to follow for this season
- New offensive line, will it work? If we have to applaud this team for something, it is what they did with their offensive line this offseason. The Chiefs opened their wallets and brought in LG Joe Thuney, pulled RG Kyle Long out of retirement, brought in center Austin Blythe and traded with the Ravens for LT Orlando Brown. From being one of the worst offensive lines, he is now aiming for the Top 10 in the NFL.
- What is the cap for this offense? This team has the playmakers needed to score 35 points per game. Between Mahomes, Hill and Kelce they are a scoring machine and there is no sign of a possible decline.
- The “bad karma” that this franchise continues to accumulate. The most recent problem for a Chiefs player was DE Frank Clark, who was pulled over with a UZI in the middle of Los Angeles. In addition, events such as the problem of Andy Reid’s son happened. How long can a project with such complicated personalities remain sustainable?
- The defense, once again the weak point. Their main handbrake is themselves. This defense has had interesting things, but the secondary is very worrying and in their 2021 NFL Calendar they will face fearsome attacks like those of the Titans or Bills. This is why the biggest question falls on whether or not he will improve the Chiefs’ defense.
- Was the way to beat them in Super Bowl LV exposed? In Super Bowl LV, no one saw such an uneven game coming between Tampa Bay and Kansas City, where the latter did not even manage to make a touchdown. Did they measure up or did they just pick the worst match to have a bad game?
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every AFC West team in 2021 where you can find what concerns both Kansas City and its divisional rivals.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Chiefs going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Andy Reid for the new NFL season. Can they make it to a third consecutive Super Bowl or will they be toppled from the American Conference throne?
Kansas City’s Top 5 Games of 2021
In our article The 5 best games for the Chiefs in the 2021 Season you will find the most relevant, difficult and interesting games that this team will have next season. Suitable for fans who are not aware of the 2021 Kansas City NFL Calendar.
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – AFC West, where you can find all the necessary information about the Chiefs and their division rivals.
The odds of the Chiefs towards the 2021 season
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. For this reason, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Kansas City Chiefs towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the betting houses in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the divisional pennant, among others.
About Kansas City and the AFC West
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the AFC West episode through the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Chiefs this NFL Season 2021. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: