Let’s talk about a team that last year aspired to more, but was prevented by a tragedy: the Cincinnati Bengals. Those led by Zac Taylor entered the 2020 season premiering the one they expect to be their franchise QB, Joe Burrow; however, an injury cut short his rookie season. Therefore, for 2021 the goal is clear: with an improvement in the offensive line and in the playmakers, a healthy Burrow should become the much-needed flagship quarterback to fight within the AFC North. We leave you everything you need to know about the Bengals this 2021 NFL Season.
The Bengals last season
To better understand the present, you have to analyze the past. How did the previous season end for the Bengals? At 4-11-1, Cincinnati finished last in the AFC North, by far the weakest prey in their division. You want to know more? Check out the Cincinnati Bengals 2020 Season Review here.
How they got to free agency:
The Bengals entered Free Agency 2021 with the need to reinforce certain positions such as the offensive line and linebackers. For this they had the sixth best space against the NFL salary cap. Did they manage to capitalize on the situation? Here we leave you the 2021 NFL Free Agency Preview – Cincinnati Bengals.
Before and after the 2021 Draft
After solving certain problems via Free Agency, the team was still lacking in talent, especially on the offensive line side and its playmakers. To solve it, in the 2021 NFL Draft they selected Ja’Marr Chase and Jackson Carman with their first two selections. Do you want to know who else they incorporated? Check it out in the 2021 NFL Draft Review: AFC North, where we review Cincinnati’s top picks and their divisional rivals.
The Bengals’ stories to watch for this season
- Can the offense take the next step? Last season QB Joe Burrow had moments where he showed why he was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 Draft, however, it is also true that much of his brilliance came in junk time. Therefore, the acquisition of WR Ja’Marr Chase should see both players take this offense to its full potential. In fact, they are the hope of the Bengals for this 2021.
- The “protection” to Joe Burrow. In 2020 Burrow tore his anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in Week 11 against the WFT, therefore the protection he receives this year will be central to his aspirations to continue growing.
- This defense could be even worse than in 2020. Last year this team’s defense was the worst in total sacks in the NFL (17) and was half down in interceptions and total points allowed. Contrary to what would be expected, now it can be worse, since although they added Trey Hendrickson, the losses of Geno Atkins, Carl Lawson and William Jackson will be very difficult to replace.
- Who is the defensive star? The strongest part of this team’s defense is its safeties. SS Vonn Bell and FS Jessie Bates III are a deadly pair in high school. However, considering the weakness of the rest of the defense, not two good safeties will manage to change the losing narrative that the Bengals are destined for.
- What is required of Zac Taylor? In two seasons at the helm of Cincinnati, Taylor has an infamous 6-25-1 record, giving him a winning percentage of just .203, making him one of the worst head coaches in the NFL. And while it is true that the Bengals have lacked talent on their roster, what should be required of a third-year HC?
- In case you missed it: do not forget to visit our article The top concern of every AFC North team in 2021 where you’ll be able to find what concerns both Cincinnati and its divisional rivals the most. Another interesting offseason moment was when the Bengals unveiled their new uniforms.
2021 NFL Season Predictions
The question is simple: how many games are the Bengals going to win in Season 2021? Discover our forecast on the future of those led by Zac Taylor for the new NFL season. Will they make it out of the bottom of their division or are they doomed to be last place for another year?
How does this team look in Fantasy Football?
As the 2021 NFL Season is about to start, the world of Fantasy Football boils with the organization of leagues, Drafts and settings on different platforms. That is why we bring you the Fantasy Football Preview of the 2021 NFL Season – AFC North, where you can find all the necessary information about the Bengals and their division rivals.
The Bengals’ Odds Towards Season 2021
Many dare to make analyzes and forecasts of their teams in their regular season, but few back them with money. Therefore, the First and Ten Betting team offers you the odds of the Cincinnati Bengals towards the 2021 Season with the possibilities that the bookmakers in Las Vegas give them right now to reach the Super Bowl, win their conference, the pennant divisional, among others.
About Cincinnati and the AFC North
Are you left with doubts? Thanks to our audiovisual content, in this video you can find out about the situation that this team and its divisional rivals are going through. You can watch the AFC North preview episode via the Primero y Diez official channel on YouTube or direct from here:
Now you are up to date with EVERYTHING you need to know about the Bengals this NFL 2021 Season. Be sure to check the content related to other teams for this campaign: