It is time to start saying goodbye to 2022, one that -for example- left the consecration of the Argentine National Team in it Qatar World Cupand to receive a 2023 that promises to be loaded with sporting activity. It is that there will be events to suit every palate, since the most important national, South American and European football tournaments will be held at the club level, but there will also be the women’s football and rugby, handball, basketball and men’s hockey world cups. Not to mention that tennis will have the legendary Davis Cup and the ATP and WTA circuit, while motorsports will continue to generate top-level content with Formula 1. And in olé We bring you a summary of the main activities of the coming year so that you can schedule.
- International Super Cup: Mouth vs. Racing, January 20 at the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
- Professional League: Made up of 28 clubs, it will be held from January 27 to August 5. A single wheel will be played all against all.
- Professional League Cup: it will take place in the second half of the year, from August 20 to December 16.
- Argentine Cup: The eleventh edition of the country’s federal contest does not yet have confirmed dates, but it will begin with the 32nd final.
- Argentine Super Cup: without a defined date or venue, Patronato (champion of the last Argentine Cup) and Boca (winner of the League) will look for a new star for their record.
- Champions Trophy: River and Banfield will meet on February 22 to meet Boca’s rival in the definition, which will take place on March 1.
International tournaments at the South American level
Like every year, the Libertadores Cup and the South American Cup They will be the attractions to follow during the week. And both contests will have a broad national participation. In fact, Boca, Racing, River, Argentinos, Patronato and Huracán, which will start in Phase 2, will play the maximum continental tournament. Meanwhile, Gimnasia, Defensa y Justicia, Tigre, Newells, Estudiantes and San Lorenzo have qualified for the group stage of the second competition.
- Libertadores Cup: It will start on February 8 with the first instances of direct elimination, while the final will be on November 11.
- South American Cup: will have its beginning on March 7 and its end on October 28.
Argentine National Team
After the historic coronation in Qatari lands with Leo Messi At the top from the football point of view, the National Team wants to be able to celebrate the third cup with its audience. And that is why will try to organize two friendlies for the first FIFA date of 2023 (from March 20 to 28) in the country. In addition, there will be other stoppages during the year and in September the South American Qualifiers will begin heading to the World Cup in the United States, Mexico and Canada in 2026.
On the other hand, The Argentine women’s soccer team will participate in the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, which will be held from July 20 to August 20. The national team will integrate group G with Sweden, Italy and South Africa.
Argentine National Team Sub20
Thinking about the future and why not about the present of the Albiceleste, the team led by Javier Mascherano will start their sporting year in the South American Championship in Colombia (Cali and Bogotá) to try seek from January 19 to February 12 the classification to the U20 World Cup, which will run from May 20 to June 11 in Indonesia. The first four placed in the final phase of the continental tournament will have their place in the great objective of this season.
The most important tournament at club level in Europe is the Champions League. And, in that sense, it will have its final on June 10, at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. There are still 16 teams in the race to reach the last day of the competition.
Not everything is football in the sports world. And one of the sports that will continue with the usual schedule is tennis, which will have four grand slams as main epicenters of attention and the dispute of the traditional Davis cup. In addition, the Laver Cup cannot be left out, which has already become an obligatory stop with the best players in the world and with a show for the entire public.
- australian open: from 16 to 29 January.
- Cordoba ATP 250: from February 6 to 12.
- Argentina Open: from February 11 to 19.
- Roland Garros: from May 28 to June 11.
- Wimbledon: from 3 to 16 July.
- US Open: from August 28 to September 10.
- ATP Finals: from November 12 to 19 with the eight best tennis players of the year.
- Davis cup: Argentina will participate in the playoffs from February 4 to 5. Those captained by Guillermo Coria will go to the cold of Finland to aspire to continue advancing in the tournament. Then, with venues and teams still to be confirmed, a group phase will be played from September 11 to 17 to qualify for the Finals from November 21 to 26, again in Malaga.
- laver cup: from 18 to 24 in Vancouver, Canada.
2023 is the most anticipated year for the world of the oval, since the Men’s World Cup will take place. After the weak performance in Japan 2019, The CougarsNow led by Micheal Cheika, they want to change their image, they arrive with a positive balance from last season (there were historic wins against the All Blacks, for example) and they dream of a great result in France, a land that suits the Argentina for what was done in 2007. They will integrate group D with England, Japan, Chile and Samoa.
- world: from September 8 to October 28, in France.
- rugby championship: from July 8 to August 5.
- six nations: from February 4 to March 18.
Another World Cup year is coming for basketball. Although up to now the National Team has not achieved its classification and its last cartridges will only be played in the February window (vs. Canada and the Dominican Republic, both at home), those led by Pablo Priogioni dream of returning to the international event to try defend the runner-up achieved in China in 2019.
- Men’s World Cup: from August 25 to September 10 in the Philippines, Indonesia and Japan.
- nba finals: It is scheduled to start on June 1.
In addition to events in tennis, basketball and rugby, there will also be important activity in other disciplines.
- Panamerican Games: Argentine athletes will seek, in many cases, to qualify for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. This event will run from October 20 to November 5 in Santiago de Chile.
- Formula 1 World Cup: there will be 24 races, which will start on March 5 in Bahrain. Max Verstappen will go for his three-time championship.
- dakar rally: started on December 31 and runs until January 15. 30 Argentines participate.
- Men’s Hockey World Cup: from January 13 to 29, in India. The Lions will share Zone A with Australia, France and South Africa.
- Men’s Handball World Cup: from January 11 to 29 in Poland and Sweden. The Gladiators will have a tough group with Norway, North Macedonia and the Netherlands.
- Super Bowl: will be held on Sunday, February 12.
- Tour de France: from July 1 to 23.
- World Athletics Championship: will be held in Budapest from August 19 to 27
We want to give thanks to the author of this post for this amazing material
To schedule: the most outstanding sporting events of 2023