Take a look at the winners of the Rookie of the Year Award in every league dating back to when the first honor was bestowed upon Jackie Robinson in 1947, and you’ll notice there are some seemingly surprising names on the list – players you forgot about or never knew about in the first place.
Winning a Rookie of the Year award is a huge honor that means you go places. Whether you get to those places is a completely different matter. So here’s a look at the 10 rookies of the year you might have forgottenor:
- Chris Coghlan, Marlins, 2009.
- Bobby Crosby, Athletics, 2004.
- Angel Berroa, Royals, 2003.
- Jason Jennings, Rockies, 2002.
- Eric Hinske, Blue Jays, 2002.
- Todd Hollandsworth, Dodgers, 1996.
- Bob Hamelin, Royals, 1994.
- Pat Listach, Brewers, 1992.
- Joe Charboneau, Indians, 1980.
- Sam Jethroe, Braves, 1950.
It may interest you: MLB Jonathan India and Ryan Mountcastle Top Rookies by Players Choice Award
Follow us on
We want to say thanks to the writer of this post for this amazing content
MLB: Ten Rookie of the Year winners who didn’t become stars