An long winter was the one that the fans of the Major League Baseball (Major Leagues), since the discussions for the new labor agreement between the MLB and the player unionands they were taken to the extreme, so the start of the campaign had to be delayed until those involved were satisfied.
This new arrangement includes a considerable increase in the minimum wagestarting in 700 thousand dollars in 2022 and reaching the 780 thousand at the end of itin addition to a draft changewith a new six-team lottery system.
will this be Thursday March 7zo when the playball is sung in Major League parks and, although the start was postponed (previously stipulated for March 31), yes a calendar of 162 games is contemplated for the 30 franchises that make up the league.
For this, the games that were scheduled between March 31 and April 6 will be postponed for finishto the regular phasewhere doubleheaders will be scheduled and for these they will no longer start with a runner at second base when they go to extra innings.
other modification of impact by 2022 will be the implementation of the universal designated hitter in the National League, something that had been tested in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, but that will now be a reality, so pitchers will no longer go through the batter’s box.
And the playoffs?
And if that was not enough, the postseason will also have changes since the quota has been expanded 10 to 12 teams (six in each league), with three division champions and three wild cards.
the two champions of each circuit with the best record advance directly to the Division Series, while the other four qualifiers will meet in the Wild Card Round in series to the best of three games.
Already in the Divisionals, the winner of the cross between the fourth and fifth will face the first seed, while the number two will wait for the winner of the key between the third and sixth place; nor will there be a playoff match anymore (163 for clubs) if there is a tie, because now other criteria will be used to define the guests.
Are there already favourites?
Own Big leagues brought together 73 experts to launch their forecasts of which franchises will be the ones that dominate the season, in addition to giving their favorites to reach the World Series and take the trophy.
Voters see the Toronto Blue Jays Y Los Angeles Dodgers as top candidates to reach the definition for the title, although the champions Atlanta Bravesas well as the yankees Y Red Sox they could be a surprise.
Nor can other contenders be ruled out, such as the Houston Astros or see if teams like the Mets either Parents they finally make the leap in quality to fight for the championship.
- Eastern Division: Toronto Blue Jays
- Central Division: Chicago White Sox
- Western Division: Houston Astros
- Wild Cards: Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees
- League Champion: Toronto Blue Jays
- Eastern Division: Atlanta Braves
- Central Division: Milwaukee Brewers
- Western Division: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Wild Cards: San Francisco Giants, New York Mets and San Diego Padres
- League Champion: Los Angeles Dodgers
- World Series: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Champion: Los Angeles Dodgers
the aztec legion
The representation of Mexico on Opening Day will feature 14 baseball playerssix in the National League and eight in the American League, tall with options to participate (It is worth remembering that Luis Urías, of the Milwaukee Brewers, is not considered due to an injury).
They will mostly be pitchers, but as outfield players they stand out Alejandro Kirk with Toronto, Alex Verdugo with Boston and Ramon Urias, who wants to stand out with the Orioles.
For their part, the arms will be headed by people of proven quality such as Julio Urias, Luis Cessa and Giovanny Gallegos, as well as veterans like Sergio Romo and Oliver Perezwho will live his last campaign in the Big Top.
Mexicans in the MLB:
- Julio Urias – Pitcher – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Victor Gonzalez – Pitcher – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Humberto Castellanos – Pitcher – Arizona Diamondbacks
- Oliver Perez – Pitcher –Arizona Diamondbacks
- Giovanny Gallegos – Pitcher – St. Louis Cardinals
- Luis Cessa – Pitcher – Cincinnati Reds
- Daniel Duarte – Pitcher – Cincinnati Reds
- Victor Arano – Pitcher – St. Louis Cadinals
- Alejandro Kirk – Catcher – Toronto Blue Jays
- Alex Verdugo* – Outfielder – Boston Red Sox
- Ramón Urías – Infielder – Baltimore Orioles
- Andrés Muñoz – Pitcher – Seattle Mariners
- Sergio Romo* – Pitcher – Seattle Mariners
- Jose Urquidy – Pitcher – Houston Astros
Matches that open the season:
- 1:20 p.m. – Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs
- 3:05 p.m. – New York Mets at Washington Nationals
- 3:10 p.m. – Cleveland Guardians at Kansas City Royals
- 3:15 p.m. – Pittsburgh Pirates at St. Louis Cardinals
- 7:08 p.m. – Cincinnati Reds at Atlanta Braves
- 8:38 p.m. – Houston Astros at Los Angeles Angers
- 8:40 p.m. – San Diego Padres at Arizona Diamondbacks
- ESPN and Star+
- Fox Sports
- Channel 9 and Forum TV
The 30 teams:
- new york yankees
- Boston Red Sox
- Baltimore Orioles
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Chicago White Sox
- Kansas City Royals
- Cleveland Guardians
- Detroit Tigers
- minnesota twins
- Los Angeles Angels
- Texan Rangers
- Seattle Mariners
- Houston Astros
- Oakland Athletics
- Atlanta Braves
- Washington Nationals
- Philadelphia Phillies
- New York Mets
- Miami Marlins
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Chicago Cubs
- Cincinnati Reds
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- St.Louis Cardinals
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Colorado Rockies
- San Francisco Giants
- San Diego Padres
We would like to give thanks to the author of this article for this outstanding web content
MLB: After months of suffering, the 2022 season arrives