The Braves of Margarita will face the Tigres de Aragua in the wild card game in search of the last classified to the Round Robin of the LVBP 2022-2023. The Orientals only need a win to say present at the ball in January.
The team led by Luis Dorante during the regular season went from less to more and for that reason they are fighting to be present in the postseason after finishing fifth in the leaderboard.
The Braves achieved a record of 26 wins and 29 losses, but thinking about this “play-in” against the Tigers, it is necessary to show what their strengths and weaknesses are, attributes that will play a fundamental role in their aspirations to qualify.
LVBP: Braves de Margarita announce starter for wild card game https://t.co/nS5mVovZrU
– Meridian (@MeridianoTV) December 29, 2022
- The good moment of David Rodríguez, who with an average of .333 has contributed greatly to this team and also finished off the last games of the regular round in great shape.
- I take Otosaka and his great productivity with the wood, in addition to his speed on the bases that has him as the leader in steals with 15.
- The power of Diego Rincones, who has been one of the best hitters on this team throughout the 2022-2023 season.
- Although he won’t be the starter, Yender Caramo is having a bright moment this season and could be an option out of the bullpen if and when Dorante wants to.
- The debut on the mound for this wild card game by Pedro Vásquez, a new import.
- They need a single win to qualify for the Round Robin.
- In the regular round, the people from Margarita won the particular series against the Araguas with five wins and three losses.
- They are the third pitching with the most hits received in the 2022-2023 season.
- It’s taken them a bit to shake off extra-base hits, registering just 130, the second fewest in the entire circuit.
- They hit a lot for double-play, currently registering 70 and in this department they are only surpassed by the Tigers with 78.
- As for saves, they only have 11, the third fewest in the entire regular season in 55 games.
- The second highest WHIP is held by the Braves, 1.66, tied with the Caribes.
- With a total of 462.1, the Braves are the pitcher with the fewest innings of work this season.
The pitching could be the weakest point of these Margarita Braves, who are just one victory away from being present in the Postseason.
Margarita seeks to return to a postseason from 2018-2019.
We wish to give thanks to the writer of this write-up for this awesome web content
LVBP: Strengths and weaknesses of Braves vs. Tigers in wild card game