Multiple MLB teams have joined the race for Trevor Story, the best shortstop in free agency.
Carlos Correa’s signature with the Minnesota Twins not only left the way for Trevor Story, but it also opens the market economically. Story is now exclusive and is a good defender.
Trevor Story who turns 30 in November 2022, is also believed to be considering a short-term deal, just as Carlos Correa did.
According to Jon Heyman, these are the interested teams:
- Astros (After Correa’s departure)
- Yankees (As a minor consideration, they won’t walk out of talks if they find an opportunity)
- Rangers (Think Story or Correa can adjust to playing another position)
- Red Sox (They need a second baseman, as long as Story agrees to play there they’ll be fine in talks since Bogaerts isn’t willing to budge from his SS)
- San Francisco Giants (Donovan Solano’s departure leaves a void at infielder, while Evan Longoria and Brandon Crawford are in the final season of their contracts.
Trevor Story Lifetime Numbers
The 29-year-old Trevor Stroy punt for .272 AVG, 340 SLUG and 523 OBP throughout his career, adding one, 158 home runs, 450 RBIs and 100 steals in six seasons with the Colorado Rockies. Plus, he has 69 defensive runs saved, not bad.
- 2 silver bats
- 2 all star
might interest you
We wish to give thanks to the author of this short article for this awesome content
Astros and other teams join the fight for Trevor Story